Scout (Joining Requirements)
- Meet age requirements: Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade and
be at least 10 years old, or be 11 years old, or have earned the Arrow of
Light Award and be at least 10 years old, and be under 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath
or Promise, Law, motto,
and slogan, and the Outdoor
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the Pamphlet Exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete
the exercises in the pamphlet "How to Protect Your Children from Child
Abuse: A Parent's Guide".
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application
and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate
in a Scoutmaster conference.