The pack (all cub scouts at Poplar Creek) is broken up into dens, all scouts in the same grade make-up a den:
Lion - K5 (requires adult partner to attend den/pack meetings with scout)
Current Pack Members : Recruiting!
Tiger - 1st grade (requires adult partner to attend den/pack meetings with scout)
Current Pack Members 3 boys
Wolf - 2nd Grade
Current Pack Members 6 boys
Bear - 3rd Grade
Current Pack Members 5 boys
Webelos I - 4th Grade
Current Pack Members 1 boy
Webelos II - 5th Grade (only through February, then scout transitions to Boy Scouts)
Current Pack Members 7 boys / 1 girl
Last Roster Update 9/9/2021 - Only returning scouts
Welcome back to all the return scouts! Welcome to all the new scouts and those wanting to learn more about our pack. Anytime of the year is a great time to join scouting, but early in the year is best! We had a lot of interest in families from Orientation night, so these numbers will grow as official applications get processed.
Blue & Gold Awards Banquet
Creek Crawl Clean-Up
Scouting for Food
Christmas Ornaments to Seniors
Join Pack 140
One pack meeting per month (all cubscouts from Poplar Creek Elementary). Typically first Wednesday of the month.
One den meeting per month (just cubscouts from the same grade). Schedule set by den leader.
Handbook - $17 (See if Den leader will require this before purchasing)
Pack Dues - Potentially $0 - see commitments bullet below
Neckerchiefs - $10 (supplied by pack through fundraising - don't buy!)
Neckerchief Slide - $6 (supplied by pack through fundraising - don't buy!)
Optional Additional Costs
Belt (for putting advancement loops on) - $10
$? - Special activities (camping, Monster Jam, Globe Trotters) - All Optional
Boy's Life Subscription - $12/yr
Hats, Shorts, Pants, Socks - Varies (most boys in pack get just the short-sleeve shirt and belt)
Commit to fundraising for the pack.
K-5 through 4th grade Cub Scouts
Each scout is expected to sell a set amount to help fund the pack. For 2021 the total sales requirement is $400 per scout . 60% of the profits above the initial sales goal will go to the scout acount, remaining 40% of profits go to the pack.
5th grade Cub Scouts
Each 5th grade Cub Scout has a total sales goal of $200 per scout (since 5th graders are only cub scouts half of the year then move into Boy Scouts). 60% of the profits above the initial sales goal will go to the scout acount, remaining 40% of profits go to the pack.
This money from fundraising is used to fund things such as:
Following year registration
Neckerchiefs and slides for the scouts
Pinewood derby cars
If you choose not sell, pack dues are $125. If you meet a partial sales requirement, all dues will be prorated. Profit for any sales above goal goes 60% to scout, 40% to pack. The scout account can be used to fund anything from the scout shop or the optional activities.
Help out with one pack activity. To have a successful year we need the help of all families. This help includes running a den, organizing a pack meeting (we will help you!), organizing the Christmas parade, helping with the pinewood derby, among many other activities.